Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's been four months, three weeks and one day since my last cigarette. So far I've saved $798 and have not smoked 3,550 cigarettes. I have added one week, five days and seven hours to my life. Let me tell you, it has not been easy. You truly have to make a DECISION! I still get urgings. As a matter of fact yesterday was a particularly bad one. When I talk to my friends who have quit smoking years ago they tell me that they still get urgings maybe once or twice a year. So, I guess this is normal.

I try and exercise three to four times a week, but sometimes I can only do it once a week. Hubby and I haul air freight and it's go, go, go. I carry weights in the truck so when I can't go out for a walk I use the five pound weights to work out my upper body and the ten pound leg wraps to work out my legs. I've been watching what I eat and have gone on the South Beach diet. I am in week three and have started adding back five grams of carbs a day. I don't really keep track of my weight, but I have noticed that I am fitting into my size 10 jeans a little more comfortably.

On another note, hubby did not stick with it. He never smoked cigarettes, smoking cigars instead. He claims that he doesn't inhale, but who know. At any rate, he doesn't smoke in the house or the truck. I think that he is secretly amazed that I've come so far. In the past I never made it past a month. Hopefully, I can serve as an example for him.

No comments: