Saturday, January 09, 2010

Day 6 of not smoking.

I don't know what it is about quitting, but all I want to do is eat! I've been in the freezer just thinking about what I can cook to eat. I'm not even hungry. Go figure. But, I am determined not to smoke. I think that I'll switch to the Southbeach diet. We've done it before and as a matter of fact, hubby lost 50 pounds on this diet. I'm sure that without being on this diet I'll gain about 10 to 15 pounds, but why go through that?

I was listening to CNN this morning and I heard that there is one bad side effect of quitting smoking: you can eat so much that you become obese and then you develop diabetes. Well, I'd rather get diabetes than lung cancer. I can work with diabetes, I don't think I can work with not breathing! But damn, all I want to do is eat! By the way, I haven't cooked anything either, but I have been looking at my Joy of Cooking cookbook.

1 comment:

Team Caffee said...

One of the problems that I had when I quit smoking was how good food tasted! I also found that eating gave me something to do with my hands which was not a good thing. There is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful I do not smoke. Just the cost of a smoke is a great incentive to stop the habit! Keep it up you two!